Thursday, October 9, 2014

BLUSH WITH BLACK




Today it seems like it was going to be the last day of summer…. the temperature had dropped tremendously. I was walking through the Lange Voorhout in Den Haag looking at the sculptures. It was a perfect day for some photos since I am trying to take every opportunity.

I am wearing a sort of a “stretchy legging meets waxed pants”, they cost me under 20 euros from the H & M…I tried on a size 38. The 38 fitted me, but not so well, just to tight on my waist and to short on my legs. And it fitted me to high on my waist, which shorten my upper body and makes me feel suffocated …

So I took a size 40 to try it at home. The size 40 didn’t fit me the way I would have wanted, but I wanted to make it work for my body; I folded the top part of it by rolling it down to fit me on my hip, so that the area around the crutch will fit without too much excess of fabric and it could hug my bottom perfectly. I rolled up the bottom so it could fit me on my calves. 

As a fashion stylist the advice is to always find things that fits your style and make clothes work to suit your shape. This time I had to use my creativity to make this stretchy pants fit, hooray for stretch.  Fashion does not have to be expensive (this time). 

I truly believe that you can always shop within your closet and updating your closet by editing what no longer works and updating it every season. As you evolve so does your style and you don’t need to buy into what’s in fashion staying to the classic pieces that works with other pieces in your wardrobe….

What I was wearing 
Jacket -  Mango
Pant - H& M
Tank top - american vintage
Bracelet from My Boutique...soon online
Rings - Supertrash
Necklace - Studio Italia
Shoes - Marc o Polo





















A visitor ....

No comments:

Post a Comment