Tuesday, February 24, 2015

FLOWERS AND ROMANCE - SORBET COLOURS IN THE WOODS

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine and man cannot live without love while
            romance is the glamour which turns into dust  of everyday life into golden haze. 



This shoot was done on Valentine’s Day but it was purely coincidence. I wanted to draw the line between flowers and romance, like drawing the line between love and hate, but I guess these two are completely different. That aside, flowers are given as romantic gestures, if you were to be given red roses to a loved one, it is projected as loving this person or just saying “I love You”. When you buy flowers for yourself I guess it just means you love having flowers in your home… I certainly do. I am obsessed with it’s beauty.
I would not say I was romantic, but I like the atmospheric of going out to dinner at a restaurant, when the lights are low and soft with beautifully played music in the background.
What is romance? Romance is showing that you care, but do you need a special occasion to show or do something romantic? There are intrinsic romance e.g. things that are inherently romantic like hearts. Red is romantic, it’s been associated with love and passion. Chocolates are not only romantic, they are complementary.
Back to flowers and romance. Flowers are gorgeous and if you look deeply into them, they are amazing and mesmerizing.  I love freshly cut flowers and I can just photograph them all the time, it is like looking into their soul. Flowers and Romance, they do go hand in hand as both intriguing and endangered: roses enfold and blossom, then dissipate. Romance unfolds blossom but you need to work to keep it alive.
I wore soft gentle tones for this shoot. Red on the Valentines, to me, is too cliche, but it’s very personal. I can’t wait to hear your Valentine stories and share ideas on outfits and romantic attires!











The coat -  Marciano @ ilka vintage & second hand

Jeans  -  Zara worldwide
Top – the Outside: //www.theoutside.nl/fashion
The necklace – jewelrybyermine(shop)
Bracelets  - jewerlybyermine(shop)
The hat – Lack of colors http://www.lackofcolor.com.au
Shoes – Marc Jacobs 



May you have love


Thanks for reading.

Ermine Evans Fevrier





No comments:

Post a Comment