Thursday, February 12, 2015

SWING WITH LIFE - SPLASH ON COLOUR


Sometimes all you need is a splash of colour
xo



Sun is out, so why not be outside! It is winter after all so cozy up, enjoy, and embrace the sunshine since the days are so short.
The dress I am wearing is a wool mix with angora. I did forget that angora against my skin is not a happy medium. I knew that when I first bought it but that I was able to disguise that sometime every now again prick feeling. The trick is to wear a long sleeves long undress like a soft cotton t-shirt to prevent this. Great thing is, I do not have to wear it everyday.
I added layers of dainty chains to brighten the front and to give the dress a bit of a personality. Added the purple meets maroon tights, to up light the cream dress. It is always good to add some colour, even a shade that you will not dare to try. Go on and try it, it might just lighten up your mood and put a spring in your step. Go on and surprise yourself, if adding vibrant colours are to daring, start by wearing a piece of jewelery. 
The key to adding colour to a bland item of clothing is that the total combine pieces of clothing has to synchronize, like your shoes with your bag, or your lipstick with your earrings etc.  
The shade of blue within the scarf gives the black coat a fresh feeling. The scarf works well and the shade of purple in the beanie comes back into the tights. The coat is simple, elegant, and full of movement. The boots gives the outfit that edgy look. 
To me this outfit is playful, simple, chic, feminine and edgy. I like adding different elements to my outfits since I think it compliments my personality.  Forgot to steam my sweater. (lol)
xo
Ermine 








I was wearing
Wool dress – Unknown
Tights – Cos
Boots – Hogan
Jacket – Rinascimento (Italian Brand)
Hat – Floyd design (Dutch brand)
Jewelry – mix designs
Beaded bracelet  - my design

xo
Ermine

No comments:

Post a Comment