Wednesday, October 29, 2014

TASTE OF BEETS



Beetroot Juice 

This juice is made of six whole beetroot with skin.

Beetroot is not listed as a super food but maybe it needs to be placed on that list. Drinking beet juice daily lowers blood pressure.  Someone dear to me had a minor stoke a while back and he mention that drinking beetroot juice is helping him to reduce his blood pressure to help prevent the stroke from recurring.

I have been eating many beets as snack and noticed that my skin, which was prone to spots, was clearing out rapidly. Through many happens in my life I stopped, but now I am back on the beetroot bandwagon. 

In some research, beetroot juice may boost stamina to help you exercise long, so I am even curious if it will give me more endurance during my yoga practice.



As a vegetable beetroots are sweet, astringent, heavy, smooth, relieves anaemia.

Apparently, some surveys also show that beet juice relieves many cases of disease related to calcification in the body like
Arthritis
Heart diseases
Cancer
Kidney stones 
Eye problems
Varicose veins 
Arteriosclerosis

In addition, beet juice is consider to be a perfect drink for cleansing/ detoxing. 

Benefits are good source of folate, potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants as well as nitrates.

In addition, if you start with drinking beet juice you need to know that it might make your urine and stools reddish.
 That is perfectly normal.






A juice recipe if you prefer a more diluted taste of beets.
One pear
½ a beetroot
One carrot
One apple
1-inch ginger

Delicious!


2 comments: