Friday, March 13, 2015

PROJECT RUNWAY BEFORE HEIDI KLUM (sort of) STRIPES + PLAID



I have had a love affair with fashion ever since I can remember. Like any passionate relationship, it called for sacrifices. Therefore, at 17 I decided to leave my fatherland St Lucia and move to London to pursue my dreams. 

I have to say, getting used to the English weather was not easy, but working for renowned Joseph certainly smothered the experience. I stayed in London for 10 years, but it was only when I moved to Holland when fashion and I started procreating, that is: making clothes. It does not come as surprise that it coincided with the birth of my daughter. 

Let me just say I thought sewing at home would be easier than shopping out with my little girl… It was not.  Before I gave up, I made a pair of trousers. They are not perfect but remind me of the beautiful time and also the fact that I am not the technical mind. 

What about you? Do you have any fashion pieces that you made by yourself?




   




I'm wearing COS shoes, poncho/cardigan, stripe pants and handmade 
jewelry by 
Ermine Fevrier

No comments:

Post a Comment